This accredited course is a Victorian State accredited course developed to address skills development associated with the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The course structure developed by ONCALL Training College reflects the skills and knowledge required to perform the work function regardless of the individual student’s pathway into the course or pre-existing skills and knowledge of the allied health or disability sectors. Credit and/or RPL is offered to entrants to the course to recognise their existing capabilities.Make an Enquiry
OverviewNational Code 22558VIC Delivery Mode Face-to-face Assessment Mode Classroom & Online self-study Maximum Duration 8 weeks Delivery Hours 2-4 hours (online theory/learning) + 1 day workshop Location Surrey Hills / Nunawading / Mobile Delivery (VIC)
- Legislation, Standards and Guidelines
- Duty of care, your role and responsibilities
- Understanding the use of medication
- Medication types
- Preparing to assist and supporting safe use of medication
- Medication Errors and Emergency processes
- Risks and classifications
- Infection control and reducing harm
- Providing support to clients.
- All course material and online theory provided.
- At the successful completion of the workshop, participants are given a certificate of completion.
- All courses are delivered by qualified trainers and assessors with relevant sector experience.
- All courses require an in-class assessment.
- This is a skill set VIC accredited course with participants needing to read, write and communicate in English to a level to perform the job.
- Students will be required to complete a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) evaluation to determine suitability for the course.
- Students must undertake a Pre-Training Review prior to course commencement to determine suitability for the course.
- Students are required to be able to access a computer, internet, printer and moderate digital technology skills to conduct online and virtual course requirements.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|VU22962||Support people with disability to use medications||Core|
Full Course FeesFee Type Student Fee Skills First Funded Fee* $0 Full Fee $568 Staff Fee* $300
*Discount applies to staff of ONCALL and partner organisations.
Please note: All course dates are subject to change dependent on student numbers.
RTO ID: 45098
This training course is a Nationally Recognised Certificate and meets AQF standards.