This 2.5-hour short course provides the necessary required training for support workers to administer Midazolam to their clients/participants. Students will learn how to recognise different types of seizures, read and understand epilepsy management plans and administer the correct dose, correct route and correct procedure for the administration of Midazolam. Students will also gain an understanding of correct PPE, infection control and first aid for seizure management. Students will also participate in a practical activity that will provide them with the knowledge of dose and administration method of Midazolam.Make an Enquiry
OverviewDelivery Mode Face-to-face Assessment Mode Classroom Duration 2.5 hours Location Surrey Hills / Mobile Delivery (VIC)
- What is Epilepsy?
- Recognising different types of seizures
- Understanding of Individualised Epilepsy management plans
- First aid for seizures
- Emergency management of seizures
- What is Midazolam?
- Safe storage of Midazolam
- What do I do after I have administered Midazolam?
- Reporting/recording requirements
- Duty of Care.
- Students will practice the administration of Midazolam (training fluid only)
- A practical checklist will be completed for the practical demonstration and signed off by the trainer providing evidence of administration by the student.
Full Course FeesFee Type Student Fee Full Fee $150 Staff Fee $145
* Discount applies to staff of ONCALL and partner organisations.
Please note: All course dates are subject to change dependent on student numbers.