This short course provides information on strategies to increase staff confidence and knowledge when supporting people who require meal assistance via Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG). The workshop incorporates practical demonstrations. Students completing this course will be given generalised knowledge on meal assistance via PEG, however, specific training may be necessary to meet the needs of individual support plans.Make an Enquiry
OverviewDelivery Mode Face-to-face Assessment Mode Classroom Duration 3.5 hours Location Surrey Hills / Mobile Delivery (VIC)
- Introduction to PEG feed
- Types of tubes
- Equipment Demonstration
- Venting and flushing
- Gravity feed
- Stoma care
- Formula and equipment
- Storage of formula
- Preparing for PEG feeding
- Caring for equipment.
- All course material provided.
- At the successful completion of the workshop, participants are given a certificate of completion
- All courses are delivered by qualified trainers and assessors with relevant sector experience
Full Course FeesFee Type Student Fee Full Fee $150 Staff Fee* $145
* Discount applies to staff of ONCALL and partner organisations.
Please note: All course dates are subject to change dependent on student numbers.