Behaviour is a means of communication, and all behaviour has a functional element. This short course explores contemporary approaches to minimise behaviours of concern using the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework.Make an Enquiry
OverviewDelivery Mode Face-to-face / Online Duration 2.5 hours Location Surrey Hills / Mobile Delivery (VIC)
- What are Behaviours of Concern?
- Understanding the function of behaviour
- Identifying Triggers
- Positive Behaviour Support and Positive Behaviour Support plans
- Strategies to minimise Behaviours of Concern – Proactive and Reactive
- Restrictive practice – What are restrictive practises and when can they be used
- Reporting and Referral
- Responding to critical incidence – the importance of safety, debriefing, self-care and incident reporting.
- All course material provided
- At the successful completion of the workshop, participants are given a certificate of completion
- All courses are delivered by qualified trainers and assessors with relevant sector experience
- All courses require an in-class assessment.